4th Grade - Response in Writing
Write creative, imaginative, and original responses to literature (e.g., poems, raps, stories). 0401.3.7
Links verified on 10/25/2011
- Cartoon Fill-ins - Create your own cartoon by filling in the form
- Haiku - Students will be able to create a classical Japanese form of Poetry called Haiku
- Haiku Generator - use drop down boxes to make a haiku of three lines
- Instant Haiku Generator - Chose words from ten drop down boxes to write your instant Haiku.
- Letter Poem Creator: Student Interactive - Letter poems are a particularly apt medium for exploring a defining characteristic of poetry-line breaks. As students work to transform narrative-style letters (shown at left) into poetic format, they are encouraged to think carefully about where to end each line.
- Read and view imaginative text - [designed for grade 2] practice
- Shape Poem - A shape poem is a poem that describes an object and is written in the shape of the object. In this online tool, elementary students can select shapes from four different themes: Nature, School, Sports, and Celebrations. Within these themes, 19 different shapes are included.
- Write the Story Exercise: Creative Writing Prompts -"write what you see" by looking at a picture scenario featuring non-specific characters doing - whatever it is that you see!
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.