Select the visual image that best reinforces a viewpoint or enhances a presentation. SPI 0601.7.2
Links verified on 6/20/2014
- Basic Strategies in Reading Photographs - Combine content information with formal analysis to "read" (analyze) photographs
- How to read images - Detailed report on how to read images.
- Images: Focus on the details! - Learn how to unlock the meaning of images providing students with a broader understanding of events, objects and people [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Image Sources - clip art, photos, and videos are available for download from this Internet4Classsrooms index
- Photo Analysis Guide - how to analyze photo elements
- Reading an Image - In our world of multi- and visual media, we must expand our notion of what a text is and how we must read it.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print