Visit libraries/media centers and regularly check out materials. 0001.7.2
Links verified 10/20/2010
- How to Use the Library - [designed for 3-5] students decide which library resources are most helpful in the assignment scenarios the teacher describes.
- Huey and Louie meet Dewey - [designed for 3-5] students exercise their library shelving skills
- Let's use the Library - article on how to help students learn to use a library.
- Library Lessons - [designed for grade 3] Library Rules and procedures [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Library Media resources - [designed for grade 3] lesson plan explaining a variety of reference materials and a practice quiz
- Looking in books - develop pupils' understanding of how different types of books contain specific information, and of the ways in which information is organized in books, including lists of contents, chapter overviews, advance organizers and indexes
- STAR Search: How Do I Find the Book I Need? - [designed for grade 3] steps an intermediate learner goes through in locating resources in the library for information gathering.
- Story Place - The Children's Digital Library - Visit the preschool library and the elementary library.
- Visit a Library - suggestions from Personal Development for Smart People
- Writing Reports in Kindergarten? Yes! - unit plan
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print