Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Interpret how the sounds, images, and words used in television, radio, film, and the Internet are used to support the purpose of the production and evaluate the effectiveness of the techniques. 0601.7.1
Links verified on 6/20/2014
- Audio Broadcasts and Podcasts: Oral Storytelling and Dramatization - Each listener creates mental images to accompany the words and sounds that are broadcast, allowing these broadcasts to create a one-to-one connection that no other medium can match.
- Cinema - interactive web site explaining how Hollywood makes movies
- Evaluating Visuals - tips on ways to evaluate visuals
and Point of View - This lesson focuses on how those different types
of camera shots affect meaning
Function of Images in Text - The lesson will focus on three major ways
- as example, as evidence, and as expression - that images can be used in
- Information Literacy Exercise - example of a web page that should allow students to use both their critical thinking and critical viewing skills.
Awareness - introduces grades 5-8 to the concept of images presented
through the media, primarily advertising through print and on television.
The unit is divided into three approximately 45-minute lessons.
a Photograph - activity to help students examine information
for Visual Details - This lesson will focus on locating visual details
and examining them within the overall context of an image
- Strategies of Thinking Visually: Being First, Doing Second - five strategies of thinking visually
- TV news stories - how to analyze TV news stories and how a story is selected and written [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.
257111593 US 1 desktop not tablet not iPad