Determine the relevance and quality of evidence given to support or oppose an argument. 0601.5.6
Links verified on 6/11/2014
- The Art of Argument and Persuasion - lesson plan - understanding the forces that shape their ideas and opinions, and work in reshaping their arguments so that truth and reason are evident.
- Identifying and Formulating Arguments - article with examples and explanations
- Persuasive Arguments - lesson plan - Each group member is given an argument and presents it to group members to discuss and generate ideas for persuasion. Students then independently write argument, defending their position.
- Premise and Conclusion Indicator Words - Words that introduce or appear in an argument premise
- Prewriting: Listing Arguments and Counter Arguments - template - graphic organizer
- Self Test on Logic Concepts - quiz with answers
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print