Determine the relevance and quality of evidence given to support or oppose an argument. 0701.5.6
Links verified on 6/2/2014
- The Art of Argument and Persuasion - lesson plan - understanding the forces that shape their ideas and opinions, and work in reshaping their arguments so that truth and reason are evident. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Components of an Argument - outline format of structure of argument with definitions
- Identifying and Formulating Arguments - article with examples and explanations
- Persuasive Arguments - lesson plan - Each group member is given an argument and presents it to group members to discuss and generate ideas for persuasion. Students then independently write argument, defending their position.
- Premise and Conclusion Indicator Words - Words that introduce or appear in an argument premise
- Self Test on Logic Concepts - quiz with answers