Predict future events of a given text. SPI 0601.5.1
Links verified on 6/16/2014
- Guess What Comes Next - students read a passage and predict what would happen next
- Making predictions lesson - This fairy tale and follow-up activities will help teach critical thinking and making predictions skills.
- Prediction Cards - Prediction Cards combine the fun of guessing with the joy of making art. Students use details from the beginning of a story to encourage classmates to predict what will happen and to inspire them to read the story themselves.
- Predictions - introductory quiz on making predictions
- Reading With Meaning - Show your thinking behind predictions using the text to justify or explain your answers
- Reading Predictions Form - template for students - Prior to reading each chapter, students draw from the information they had from previous reading and from their own experiences to write a short prediction.
- Writing a Branching Story Using Excel - a step by step module on writing with Excel - this type of story can be used for predicting events
- Billy Bear - [sample of a branching story] a simple story with several possible endings depending on the decisions a reader makes [in the form of an Excel workbook]
- The Town Witch - [sample of a branching story] a story with several possible endings depending on the decisions a reader makes [in the form of an Excel workbook]
- The World's Greatest Contralto by Babette Albin - As you read the story, write your questions and ideas about it on another sheet of paper. Then complete the next page.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print