7th Grade - False Premise
Identify a false premise in text. SPI 0701.5.7
Links verified on 6/2/2014
- The Concept of Validity - a mini lesson
- Don't Throw Away That Junk Mail! - lesson plan - students to identify all the techniques used in junk mail to attract and hold the reader's attention that they can think of.
- Logical Fallacies - article with examples - Fallacies can be either illegitimate arguments or irrelevant points, and are often identified because they lack evidence that supports their claim
- Some Common Fallacies - brief list of some of the more common fallacies, along with illustrations of them
- Top 20 Logical Fallacies - definitions and explanations from The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.