Locate information using available text features (e.g., charts, maps, graphics). SPI 0301.6.4
Links verified on 12/24/2014
- Find it on the internet - introduce pupils to the basic ways of searching for information and how to keep safe on the internet
- Looking in books - develop pupils' understanding of how different types of books contain specific information, and of the ways in which information is organized in books, including lists of contents, chapter overviews, advance organizers and indexes
- Reading with meaning - Identify what the conventions of nonfiction text are and how they help us as readers.
- Teaching with non fiction - Identify graphic aids and understand their importance
- Using Graph and Charts
- Searching Informational Text - Use this lesson plan to guide students to an understanding of the conventions of informational texts and develop comprehension strategies to assist learning.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print