Identify and explain the development of stated or implied similar themes across two or more literary texts. 0801.8.17
Links verified on 9/17/2014
- Aesop's Fables - Two versions of each story to compare and contrast.
- Analyzing Poetry Tips - The elements of analyzing poetry listed at this site will help you identify the meaning through its parts and give a sense of interpreting a poem.
- Compare and Contrast Activities - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Compare and Contrast Lesson Plans - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Comparing and Contrasting Fables - apply literal, interpretive, and critical thinking skills to two versions of a fable. They will then draw a cartoon to illustrate the moral of one of the fables they read.
- Enchanting Readers with Revisionist Fairy Tales - students will read three examples of literature in which common fairy tale themes are revised and then compare and contrast them thematically and in terms of form.
- A Variety of Unwise Characters - explore the common elements of folk tales and tall tales, while learning how these tales built the spirit of American people
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print