Analyze examples of sound devices within context (i.e., rhyme scheme, alliteration, free verse, repetition, internal rhyme, slant rhyme). SPI 0801.8.9
Links verified on 11/3/2016
- Analyzing Poetry Tips - The elements of analyzing poetry listed at this site will help you identify the meaning through its parts and give a sense of interpreting a poem.
- Distinctive Devices: Discover the Secrets behind Poe's Poetry - find evidence of poetic devices in Edgar Allen Poe's, "The Raven" [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Does Slant Rhyme with Can't? - article with examples of Slant Rhyme
- Figurative Language - definition and examples
- Half Rhyme - definition and examples
- Internal Rhyme - definition and examples
- Literary Terms Quiz - a quiz on 40 useful literary terms
- Literary Terms Quiz - 26 multiple choice questions in this Quia quiz
- Literary Terms Quiz - seven multiple-choice questions
- Poetic Devices - a classroom sign about the forms of poetic devices [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- The Raven's Rhymes - mini lesson showing internal rhyme schemes examples using "The Raven"
- Sound Devices - article with examples and explanations
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print