7th Grade - Story Setting
Identify and analyze the setting (location and time) and its impact on plot, character, and theme in literary texts. 0701.8.9
Links verified on 6/6/2014
- Analyzing the setting - graphic organizer for students
- Interactive Plot Creator - Scroll to the middle of the page. Press the buttons for a setting, a character and a conflict, then write using this interactive writing prompt.
- Setting Plot and Theme - lesson and quiz
- The Short Story: Read to Write-Setting - lesson and activities [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Story Map - The Story Map interactive is designed to assist students in pre-writing and post-reading activities by focusing on the key elements of character, setting, conflict, and resolution. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Story Stew - Lesson plan to introduce story elements.
- Fiction, Setting the Story - learn how authors manipulate time and space, mood, and spatial order in descriptions of settings
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.