Identify plot development techniques (e.g., foreshadowing and flashbacks) and explain their function in the text. 0601.8.3
Links verified on 6/23/2014
- The Cask Of Amontillado by Edgar Allan Poe - Lesson plan - analyze the story's text for foreshadowing and irony
- Dictionary of Symbolism - students look up objects of symbolism and see how it is used in literature.
- Example of Flash-Forward in Literature - Look at some famous examples of flash-forward in literature below.
- Plot Development Techniques - Explanation of rhe different techniques in this PPT show that is in PDF format.
- What is Flashback in a Story? - Heres a great explanation of writing flashbacks and backstory offered up by Ron Rozelle.
- Writing a Flashback and Flash-Forward Story Using Movies and Texts as Models - Students are introduced to examples of these devices through the film The Sandlot and/or illustrated books. Students are then asked to create a story that contains both flashback and flash-forward.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print