Identify the author's purpose (e.g., to entertain, to inform, to persuade, to share feelings). SPI 0401.8.7
Links verified on 11/2/2011
- Audience and Purpose - lab activity to help students write with a purpose for an audience
- Author's purpose - [designed for grade 3] online lesson with practice
- Author's purpose - lesson and practice quiz
- Author's Purpose Battleship - answer questions to sink the battleship [Quia quiz]
- Author's Purpose - Many resources to select from.
- Author's Purpose - lab activity to identify an author's purpose in a paragraph
- Author's Purpose and Point of View - [22 slides] explanation and review
- Author's Purpose Interactive Practice Sites - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Author's Purpose Worksheets and PowerPoint Shows - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Evaluate Author's Purpose - Read story and print answer sheet for completion
- Identifying Different Types of Text - [Skillwise worksheet] Exercise in identifying different types of text.
- One-Minute Video on Types of Text - When you read something, it helps to know what type of text it is and why it was written
- Online quizzes on Author's Purpose - Quiz One: Pre-Test - Quiz Two: Post-Test [These expired links are available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the pages doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Reading for a Purpose - nine activities to check understanding about the purposes of different sorts of text.
- Reason for writing - [designed for grade 2] interactive lesson plan and practice.
- Recognizing Different Types of Text - [Skillwise factsheet] How to recognize different types of text.
- Text Types Game - [Skillwise game] Can you spot the text types?
- Types of text - [Skillwise quiz] Entry 3 quiz
- Types of text - [Skillwise quiz] Level 1 quiz
- Types of Text Game - [Skillwise game] Can you spot the text types?
- Understanding Different Types of Text - [Skillwise factsheet] How to understand different types of text.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print