Identify and describe characters' (major/minor, antagonists and protagonists) features and relationships in literary texts. 0601.8.4
Links verified on 6/23/2014
- Antagonist in Literature: Definition, Examples & Quiz - In this lesson, we will explore the antagonist in literature.
- Character Development - Test Tutor - think about what the characters think, say and do and answer questions.
- The Craft of Short Fiction: Character - short article about the types of characters in a story
- Methods of Characterization - graphic chart for students
- Personality profile - use this article as a guide to character personalities
- Protagonists and Antagonists - Online quiz; also explanations of each.
- Story Character Homepage - This lesson involves collaborative work, deep analysis of a character, and integration of technology
- What a Character! - unit plan; Explore characters created by authors and identify personality traits. Apply these ideas to their own characters using language skills identified to convey these traits. [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print