Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Identify the historical period in which a literary text was written and explain the text in light of this understanding. 0601.8.17
Links verified on 7/02/2014
- Ethnic Writers and the Literary Mainstream - explores the modernist lyrics of two of these poets: William Carlos Williams and Langston Hughes
- Historical and Cultural Context - Use your sleuthing skills to figure out when and where an historical event took place by examining some primary sources and using an educated guess to pinpoint them on a map and timeline.
- Historical/Biographical Analysis Chart - Use this to help analyze literary text
- Nineteenth-Century American Children - Works selected from early children's books and magazines
- Regional Realism - This site compares Twain's depiction of Southern vernacular culture to that of Charles Chestnutt and Kate Chopin, and in doing so, introduces the hallmarks of American Realism.
- Southern Renaissance - the revisioning of Southern myths during the modernist era by writers William Faulkner and Zora Neale Hurston.
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.
398845786 US 1 desktop not tablet not iPad