Consider how forms and conventions within genres affect meaning (e.g., poetry, drama, essay). 0601.8.12
Links verified on 6/25/2014
- An Overview of Poetry - a comprehensive show on the topic of rhythm and rhyme
- Analyzing Poetry Tips - The elements of analyzing poetry listed at this site will help you identify the meaning through its parts and give a sense of interpreting a poem.
- Forms of Writing - numerous forms of writing to consider
- Genre and conventions - When analysing moving image texts, you need to identify the genre of the text.
- Poetry: Genres & Forms - Quizlet Flashcards
- What is the difference between a nonfiction text and a fiction text? - charts showing characteristics of both fiction and nonfiction [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Writing Genres - One of the most important considerations is the genre or form the writing will take.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print