7th Grade - Effect of Sound
Analyze the effects of sound (i.e., accent, alliteration, onomatopoeia, repetition, rhyme, internal rhyme) in context. SPI 0701.8.8
Links verified on 6/7/2014
- Analyzing Poetry Tips - The elements of analyzing poetry listed at this site will help you identify the meaning through its parts and give a sense of interpreting a poem.
- Figurative Language - definitions of several types of figurative language from Mr. Donn
- Literary Terms Quiz - a quiz on 40 useful literary terms
- Literary Terms Quiz - 26 multiple choice questions in this Quia quiz
- Literary Terms Quiz - seven multiple-choice questions
- Oral Practice to Use with Response Cards - a 3 page Word document - to be read aloud, giving students practice with alliteration, metaphor, onomatopoeia, personification, and more when you work with your students on these topics. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Poetic Devices - listing of devices with several examples to illustrate each device
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.