Determine the influence of culture and ethnicity on the themes and issues of literary texts. SPI 0801.8.13
Links verified on 9/16/2014
- Cavalier Poetry and Drama - introduction to the literary movement that flourished from 1625 to 1649
- Eighteenth-century English and English-American society - the ways in which people interacted with one another reflected their relative social positions
- Gothic, Novel, and Romance: Brief Definitions - explanations and examples of these types of literature.
- The Metaphysical Poets - a study guide to be used as a way in to the study of metaphysical poetry
- Proverbs Around the World - Analyze information and assess meaning from prior knowledge - Print this sheet and have group discussions on meanings.
- The Role of Oral Tradition - These traditions account for the ways things are and often the way they should be, and assist people in educating the young and teaching important lessons about the past and about life
- Seven directions: Making connections between literature and American Indian history - lesson plan; uses picture books to integrate American Indian culture and belief systems with language and visual arts
- The Works of Robert Herrick - poems to be read online
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print