Use a Punnett square to predict the genotypes of offspring resulting from a monohybrid cross 0707.4.6
Links verified 12/14/2010
- Dragon Genetics - This activity explores the relationship between genotype and phenotype, using both sex-linked and autosomal dominant and recessive traits. By manipulating alleles (genotype), you create corresponding changes in the dragon's physical appearance (phenotype).
- Dragon Genetics - In this activity students study the patterns of inheritance of multiple genes in (imaginary) dragons. Teacher Preparation Notes for Dragon Genetics
- Easter Egg Genetics - using plastic easter eggs to teach the Punnett square
- Genetics Practice Problems - large number of interactive questions
- Genetics Puppets - use simple mouse puppets to facilitate an understanding of how genes are transmitted from parent to offspring in a simulated genetics experiment
- Mendel's Peas Web Lab - "The Princess and the Wrinkled Peas." Try to duplicate some of Mendel's work.
- Model For A Monohybrid Cross Exhibiting Simple Dominance
- Monohybrid Cross Problem Set - The following problems have multiple choice answers. Correct answers are reinforced with a brief explanation. Incorrect answers are linked to tutorials to help solve the problem. - [advanced] Dihybrid Cross Problem Set - The following problems have multiple choice answers. Correct answers are reinforced with a brief explanation. Incorrect answers are linked to tutorials to help solve the problem.
- Patterns of Inheritance - patterns which can be observed when traits are passed to the next generation [49 slides]
- Probability and Heredity - You will simulate Mendel's experiments by substituting coins for plant characteristics. You will then compare what you had expected with what actually happened.
- Punnett Square Diagram of a Monohybrid Cross - Refresh the page to see the animation repeat.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print