How Plants & Animals Obtain Energy
Compare how plants and animals obtain energy SPI 0507.3.2
Links verified 3/12/2021
- Energy Cycle in Living Things - A fascinating parallel between plant and animal life is in the use of tiny energy factories within the cells to handle the energy transformation processes necessary for life.
- Interactive Graphic Organizers Sampler - This series of thinking tools covers a range of activities. These tools let you actively construct, examine, and modify your ideas. Currently seven of the planned seventeen thinking tools are available; look for the titles in green on the left.
- - Teaching idea! - Have your students prepare a Venn diagram comparing and contrasting plant and animal cells. Teachnology has an online Venn diagram generator.
- Comparing plant and animal cells - Teachnology has a worksheet to print to help your students get ready for the activity above
- The Flow of Energy Through Plants and Animals - The energy flow through living organisms starts with sunlight and photosynthesis, then travels through the food chain in bite sized chunks.
- Structure of Living Things - definitions, links to related topics and a video
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.