Create a graphic organizer that illustrates how biotic and abiotic elements of an environment interact 0607.2.2
Links verified 7/23/2014
- Abiotic factors in a freshwater community - the non-living components that effect the living organisms
- Abiotic factors in a freshwater community - how water conditions effect living organisms
- Biome Table - a worksheet on abiotic and biotic factors of biomes
- Biomes: Now and When, Current and Future - a WebQuest on the topic "How do abiotic and biotic factors interact within a biome?"
- Biotic vs. Abiotic - from Regents Prep Living Environment section on Ecology
- Multiple choice quiz to follow up this topic [2 questions]
- Quizzes on other Ecology topics [also 2 questions each]
- Consideration of Abiotic and Biotic factors [this expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine]
- Ecology - Abiotic vs Biotic - a Quia quiz to help you practice differentiating between biotic and abiotic [10 questions]
- The Ecology Skinny - examples of biotic and abiotic factors [this expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine]
- Graphic Organizers
- Concept Maps Explained - Concept maps and story webs are visual ways to structure ideas. (sample included
- Education World Templates - seventeen graphic organizers to download and print or edit
- Essay Map - The Essay Map is an interactive graphic organizer that enables students to organize and outline their ideas for an informational, definitional, or descriptive essay. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Five main types of organizers - links showing examples of many types
- Graphic Organizer Links - links to a large number of graphic organizers provided by Vermilion Parish School Board in Abbeville, LA - Second page of links from the same school system
- Graphic Organizer Templates - Use these Graphic Organizer templates with your class using a given story.
- Graphic Organizers - from Enchanted Learning
- Graphic Organizers from Education Place - 38 graphic organizers to print, all in pdf format
- Holt Interactive Graphic Organizers - Three dozen different templates are available at this site. Click on a graphic organizer to download a PDF of it. Once you've downloaded an organizer, type your comments and print it.
- Index of Graphic Organizers - from Inspiration
- Instructions on how to use Excel to create a graphic organizer
- Interactive Graphic Organizers Sampler - This series of thinking tools covers a range of activities. These tools let you actively construct, examine, and modify your ideas. Currently seven of the planned seventeen thinking tools are available; look for the titles in green on the left.
- Text 2 Mind Map - a web application that converts texts to mind maps – Enter a structured list of words or sentences and Text2Mind Map will interpret it and make a mind map out of them that you can print.
- Venn Diagram, 2 Circles - This interactive tool allows students to create Venn Diagrams that contain two overlapping circles, enabling them to organize their information logically. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Types of ecological interactions - a slide show with a large number of images
- Unique Plants of the Biomes - from Discovery Education's Lesson Plan Library
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print