Identify physical and behavioral adaptations that enable animals such as, amphibians, reptiles, birds, fish, and mammals to survive in a particular environment SPI 0507.5.1
Links verified 9/18/2014
- Animal Adaptations - see how fast you can match up animal adaptations
- Animal Adaptation E-Safaris - meet some interesting animals to explore how they are adapted to their environments
- Adaptation and Survival - discusses with diagrams and animation how animals adapted to survive their habitat.
- Animal Adaptation - What is animal adaptation and how are animals adapted to where they live? Let's find out!
- Animal Adaptation - matching quiz from Quia
- Animal Adaptation - similar to the "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" game format
- Camouflage Field Book - click on an environment for a hidden animal search
- Dinosaur Habitat and Community - a BBC presentation about these very adaptable animals
- Interdependence and Adaptations - [designed for 5-6 UK standards] interactive learning activity from the BBC
- Structural and Behavioral Adaptations - from New Hampshire Public Television
- Survival of the Fittest - lesson plan from National Geographic's Xpeditions site
- Ukaliq: Spot the Arctic Hare - in this game your challenge is to find hare or hares in each photograph
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print