Recognize and use grade appropriate and/or content specific vocabulary within context. SPI 0701.1.20
Links verified on 5/23/2014
- Academic Vocabulary - [10 subjects to select] Knowing the meanings of course-specific words will help you more fully comprehend the material you are learning and will later be tested on. These academic vocabulary exercises will introduce you to some of the key terms that you may find helpful in everyday life and in the workplace after school.
- Building a Better Vocabulary - "Building a vocabulary that is adequate to the needs of one's reading and self-expression has to be a personal goal for every writer and speaker."
- Complete sentence using correct vocabulary word - select easy, medium or hard
- Interactive Vocabulary Builders for Test Prep - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Techniques for Writing: Using Specific Language - Strike a balance between specific and general language. Interactive exercise.
- Using Context Clues - This section will help you review and strengthen your knowledge of using context clues. The 30 exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Determine your level of knowledge and then select an exercise from the lists at the site.
- Vocabulary Practice - complete each sentence using the correct word
- Vocabulary - complete each sentence using the correct word
- Vocabulary Review - many activities; answer key given at bottom of page
- Vocabulary Worksheets for Test Prep - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms