Identify the correct use of verbs (i.e., action, linking, regular/irregular, agreement) within context. SPI 0601.1.2
Links verified on 5/14/2014
- ESL Subject Verb Agreement Quiz 1 - In the quiz questions , choose the correct verb so that subject and verb agree.
- ESL Subject Verb Agreement Quiz 2 - Do this quiz after mastering the quiz questions and their rules in the first
- Let's see whether you understand subject-verb agreement. - Read each sentence, enter your response in the space provided, and then press "Submit" to check your answer.
- Making Subjects and Verbs Agree: Exercises - a worksheet to print, not interactive [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Quiz on Subject-Verb Agreement - Select one answer from the choices provided after each sentence. The word you choose should fit the blank in the sentence.
- Quiz on Subject-Verb Agreement (2) - After each sentence select the verb form that will best fit in the blank. The explanation will describe the process of arriving at the correct choice for that sentence.
- Quiz on Subject-Verb Agreement (3) - Select the appropriate verbs from the drop-down menus to complete each sentence correctly. There are thirty-three "opportunities for error" in these paragraphs.
- Subject-verb Agreement - 6 exercises in the practice of this skill, interactive with handouts.
- Subject-Verb Agreement Quiz - Select the correct verb form to agree with the subject.
- Subject-Verb Agreement: The Sore Thumb of Grammar
- Subject/Verb Agreement - click the answer button to see the answer
- Grammar Blast - several quizzes practicing 6th Grade skills [7th and 8th also available]
- Irregular verbs - 6 exercises in the practice of this skill, interactive with handouts.
- Power Proofreading - Choose 6th grade then select; Cooking with Tess and Les, Wanda the Wonder Dog, or any one of the mixed possessive and plural practice exercises.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print