7th Grade - Spell Correctly
Spell correctly high-frequency, misspelled words (appropriate to grade level), and words commonly used in content specific vocabulary. 0701.1.5
Links verified on 5/19/2014
- Easily Confused Words - definitions of confusing words
- Look, Cover and Spell - This spelling site has 30 pre-built lists of words, but you can create your own list. Double-click any word on the list and type a word appropriate for your grade level. Your student gets to see the word, then it is covered and they must type the correct spelling.
- The Most Often
Mispelled Misspelled Words in English - AlphaDictionary - a one-stop cure for spelling ills
- Online Spelling Quizzes - numerous quizzes in TCAP format
- Spellcheck - Using the poem, ask students to identify incorrect words.
- Spelling Quiz on commonly misspelled words in English - online quiz
- Spelling Bee - Listen to three stories, one at a time, and then spell words from each story
- Spelling Practice - Five lessons to select; long vowel spellings, perplexing words, spelling the "seed" sound, the final y, and the prefix ad-
- Spelling Wizard - create your on list to unscramble or find in a word search.
- Stop the Machine - [designed for 6th grade] click and drag letters to form a correctly spelled word
- US speller - Select your list of words, the do the spelling quiz. The lists includes 540 of the most commonly misspelled words in 27 lists
- Using Context Clues - This section will help you review and strengthen your knowledge of using context clues. The 30 exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Determine your level of knowledge and then select an exercise from the lists at the site.
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.