4th Grade - Spell Correctly
Spell correctly high-frequency and commonly misspelled words appropriate to grade level. 0401.1.7
Links verified on 1/9/2017
- Spelling Bee: Choose the correct spelling - Quia quiz
- Commonly misspelled words - Quia quiz
- Grammar Handbook - includes information on spelling
- Look, cover and Spell - phonetic family of words to practice.Can change the level from easy to hard.
- Look, Cover and Spell from Ambleweb - This spelling site has 30 pre-built lists of words, but you can create your own list. Double-click any word on the list and type a word appropriate for your grade level. Your student gets to see the word, then it is covered and they must type the correct spelling.
- Look, Say, Cover, Type and Check - type a list of ten spelling words, then watch a flash card show, remember the word and type it.
- The Most Common Spelling, Grqmmar and Punctuation Mistakes - how you can avoid making them
- Online Spelling Quizzes - numerous quizzes in TCAP format
- Online stories - Find the correct spelling of the word in the blanks. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.
- Spelling Rules - thirty-one spelling rules
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.