5th Grade - Spell Correctly
Spell correctly high-frequency and commonly misspelled words appropriate to grade level. 0501.1.8
Links verified on 8/29/2014
- Alien Scavenger Hunt: Letter Bugs - Use the mouse to click on letters that make up the word you hear.
- Alien Scavenger Hunt: Space Trash - Use the mouse to click on letters that make up the word you hear.
- Apostrophes and Contractions - worksheet to print or use with whole class; many examples of contraction usage
- Contraction Practice - interactive contraction practice games
- Contractions - type the contraction beside the two words
- Contraction Practice - write the contraction for the underlined word.
- Fearless Frieda - Use the keyboard to spell the words Frieda says. Three letter words on level one, four letter words on level 2.
- Fearless Frieda the Big Kahuna - Use the keyboard to spell the words Frieda says. Frieda starts with four letter words in this game.
- Fly By Contraction Practice - find the correct airplane to match with the contraction
- Look, Cover and Spell - This spelling site has 30 pre-built lists of words, but you can create your own list. Double-click any word on the list and type a word appropriate for your grade level. Your student gets to see the word, then it is covered and they must type the correct spelling.
- Online Spelling Quizzes - numerous quizzes in TCAP format
- Power Proofreading - Choose 3rd grade then select; Rules for Guests, or any one of the mixed practice exercises.
- Practice Using Plural Spelling Rules - [Skillwise worksheet] twelve picture pairs that cover all the different spelling rules
- Proofreading - Select grade 5, any of the 35 units and then press the load game button. When you find a misspelled word you must type the correct spelling. Caution, not all of the errors are spelling.
- Spellaroo - click on the misspelled word in the sentences
- Spell Check - TCAP format - select word that is spelled incorrectly
- Spell words - drag letters to create word
- Spelling - Click on the misspelled word and then correct it.
- Spelling Wizard - Use this scholastic site to enter a list of words and then make a spelling scramble or a word search.
- Spin and Spell - pick a picture and then click on the letters to spell the word, or ask the game to pick a word for you
- Type the contraction - type the contraction form of words
- Using Plural Spelling Rules - [Skillwise worksheet] Plural spelling rules, filling in the gaps with either the singular or plural spelling.
- Using Plurals - [Skillwise factsheet] A few rules to help spell plurals.
- Verb Power - Students identify underlined words as main verbs, helping verbs or contractions.
- Word Builder - choose 5th grade
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.