Identify within context a variety of appropriate sentence-combining techniques (i.e., comma + coordinating conjunction, use of semicolon, introductory phrases or clauses). SPI 0801.1.7
Links verified on 7/14/2014
- Avoiding Primer Language - combine the following sentences into one effective sentence with only one independent clause
- Choose best conjunction to combine sentences - eleven-question multiple-choice quiz
- Combining Sentences - Decide the best way to write each underlined section and choose the correct answer - quiz
- Combining Sentences for Variety and Clarity - several methods and examples are given, however this page only combines two sentences.
- Introduction to Sentence Combining - lesson and activity
- The Need to Combine Sentences - Sentences have to be combined to avoid the monotony that would surely result if all sentences were brief and of equal length. This lesson is followed by three quizzes.
- Sentence Combining - Match the two columns to have a meaningful sentence
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print