Correct run on sentences (e.g., use punctuation, conjunctions, or other means to separate the elements of a run-on) and sentence fragments (i.e., supply the missing sentence elements). 0601.1.6
Links verified on 4/24/2014
- Avoiding Comma Splices - Click on "The sentence, please!" and a sentence containing a comma splice will appear in the top text-area. Repair the sentence.
- Avoiding Comma Splices II - Click on "The sentence, please!" and a sentence containing a comma splice will appear in the top text-area. Repair the sentence.
- Avoiding Run-on Sentences - Select the group of words that corrects the run-on; Practice Two;
- Combining Sentences - Quiz One | Quiz Two | Quiz Three
- Conjunctions - click on the buttons to find the correct answer
- Conjunctions & Interjections - Quia quiz
- Conjunctions Quiz I - click the answer buttons to see the answers
- Conjunctions Quiz II - combine the sentences using the conjunction given in parentheses
- Conjunction-itis Popup - Find the correct conjunction form to combine two short sentences together into one! (a Quia quiz)
- Correct run-on sentences - quiz - separating the independent clauses
- Correct run-on sentences - quiz - adding a comma and a conjunction
- Correct run-on sentences - quiz - embed one clause in each sentence
- Correct run-on sentences - quiz - hanging the word or words in bold to a verbal or a verbal phrase
- Fragments - 6 interactive exercises with handouts.
- Fragments and Run-On's - After each sentence, select the option which best describes that sentence.
- Identify run on sentences - quiz
- Repairing Run-On Sentences - After each run-on sentence below select the remedy that would best repair that sentence.
- Revising Sentence Fragments - rewrite sentence to make a complete sentence
- Run on's and Comma Splices - Look at the passage and decide whether the sentence is correct or whether it is a run-on. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Sentence Sort - choose correct sentence structure to move piece along board
- Sentence Speedway - identify sentence parts as phrase, dependent clause or independent clause
- Sentence Structure Review - This page has several exercises in reviewing: Incomplete sentences, Run-on sentences; Correctly written sentences that should be combined; Correctly written sentences that do not need to be rewritten.
- A test of the Emergency Grammar System - It is only a test. Actually, it isn't even a test ... and it contains more than grammar. Oh, never mind... give it a try
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print