7th Grade - Roots & Affixes
Use roots and affixes to determine the meaning of unfamiliar words, to clarify the meaning of familiar words. 0701.1.16
Links verified on 5/22/2014
- Adding to Root Words - [Skillwise worksheet] Build your own words, assign prefixes and suffixes to the root words
- Bingo Lingo - Players match words on their bingo cards with word roots drawn at random.
- Building on Root Words - [Skillwise worksheet] How to use prefixes and suffixes with root words
- Choosing Suffixes for Root Words - [Skillwise worksheet] Exercise in choosing suffixes for root words
- Flip-a-Chip - Examining Affixes and Roots to Build Vocabulary - lesson plan
- Growing From Root Words - [Skillwise worksheet] How to find a root word and 'growing' new words from root words
- Homonyms Exercises - This section will help you review and strengthen your knowledge of Homonyms. The 30 exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Determine your level of knowledge and then select an exercise from the lists below
- Prefix Skills - Quia quiz
- Roots and Their Families - In this lesson you will: learn common roots that form many words, sort roots of words to complete sentences correctly, and answer questions about new words by using their roots as clues.
- Matching Root Words - [Skillwise worksheet] An activity in matching the same root words
- More Roots and Their Families - In this lesson you will:, choose the correct root to complete a word, sort roots to complete sentences, and define new words by using the roots as clues
- Root Words - Underline the root words in the slides. Circle the prefix or suffix.
- Rooting Out Words - Help Remainder the Dog gather enough mushrooms to sell at the market by uncovering the roots of words. (three categories, several difficulty levels - from FunBrain)
- Root Crossword - A crossword activity in root words
- Root Word Quizzes - Three levels
- Root Word Quiz - match words with their roots
- Root word quiz - match word with its root
- Root Words - Entry level 3 quiz
- Root Words - Level 1 quiz
- Root Words - Entry 1 & 2 quiz
- Taking Away the Prefix to Find the Root Word - [Skillwise worksheet] Exercise in finding the root word by removing the prefix
- Word Parts - This section will help you review and strengthen your knowledge of root words, prefixes, and suffixes. For each topic, exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Determine your level of knowledge and then select an exercise from the lists below. The 87 exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels.
- You Can't Spell the Word Prefix Without a Prefix - students learn in a cooperative setting to identify, define, and construct words with prefixes; lesson plan
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.