Demonstrate knowledge of the meaning and function of certain marks of punctuation, including colons, semi-colons, apostrophes, quotation marks, and commas. 0501.1.6
Links verified on 8/29/2014
- Comma Confusion - after you have answered all ten multiple-choice questions, click on the submit button at the bottom of the quiz
- Comma Use in a Series - Practice identifying correct comma use when given a list of items, Quia quiz in Battleship game format
- Comma Quiz - ten multiple choice questions with immediate feedback
- Comma Practice - Select sentence with correctly used commas
- Comma Rules - review of comma rules followed by an eight-question multiple-choice quiz
- Comma Usage: Enclosure - Read the following sentences carefully. Insert commas where they are necessary. 20 multiple choice questions on a Quia quiz
- Comma Usage Quiz - Click on the letter that matches the correct answer. Click on the arrows to move between questions. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Commas and Colons - Grammar Gold interactive quiz from Harcourt School, immediate feedback to your answers
- Commas Galore - Quia quiz in the Rags to Riches format
- Commas in Quotations - Read the directions and take the online quiz
- Commas Quiz - ten multiple-choice questions from the Blue Book on Grammar and Punctuation
- Going to Work With Commas Game - [Skillwise game] Can you spot the right place for the commas?
- Keeping Fit - [Skillwise worksheet] An activity to practice adding commas to indicate extra information.
- Photography - [Skillwise worksheet] An activity to practice adding commas to indicate extra information
- Power Proofreading - Edit sentences with grammatical mistakes
- Practice Comma Quiz - Choose the sentence with the correct comma usage from the set of sentences. Ten question quiz, each question is on a new page but you can select an option to see all questions on the same page.
- Proofreading Makes Perfect - Correct these sentences by typing in correct grammar.
- Quotation marks and commas - Online Quiz
- Rules for Comma Usage - Eleven rules with examples from The Guide to Grammar and Writing
- Snowman Builder - Build a family of snowmen as you review four different skills. Select the word below that completes the compound word.
- Using Commas - [Skillwise factsheet] how to use commas
- Using Commas in Lists - [Skillwise worksheet] exercise in the use of commas
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print