Identify the correct use of nouns (i.e., singular/plural, possessives, predicate nouns, nouns as objects) and pronouns (i.e., agreement, subject, object) within context. SPI 0501.1.1
Links verified on 8/31/2014
- Irregular Plurals - type the correct plural
- Irregular Plurals - select the correct plural
- Noun Explorer - move through the cave by selecting the correct spelling, or correct abbreviation
- Nouns Away - Abstract or Concrete - identify the types of nouns in this quiz
- Plural and Possessive Nouns - By clicking on a bubble, identify whether the highlighted word is a plural or possessive noun and then click on the "Submit Answer" button. The quiz is at the bottom of this page.
- Plural Forms and Irregular Nouns - select the correct plural form in these sentences.
- Plurals Practice Sheet - PDF worksheet
- Plurals and Possessives - online activity, may be hard for some 4th graders
- Plurals and Nouns - online quiz
- Possessives and Irregular plurals - online quiz
- Power Proofreading - [Nouns] Choose 5th grade then select; Holiday Plans, Pick-and-Pet Farm, Memo to Staff Members, Movie Hits and Misses, or any one of the mixed practice exercises.
- Power Proofreading - [Pronouns] Choose 5th grade then select; The Morning News, Oh Brother, Movie Hits and Misses, or any one of the mixed pronoun practice exercises.
- Practice Using Plural Spelling Rules - [Skillwise worksheet] twelve picture pairs that cover all the different spelling rules
- Pronoun Agreements - 5 interactive varied leveled quizzes
- Pronoun Case - 6 exercises in the practice of this skill, interactive with handouts.
- Using Plural Spelling Rules - [Skillwise worksheet] Plural spelling rules, filling in the gaps with either the singular or plural spelling.
- Using Plurals - [Skillwise factsheet] A few rules to help spell plurals.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print