Capitalize correctly sentence beginnings, proper nouns and adjectives, titles, abbreviations, quotations, parts of friendly letters and business letters. 0501.1.4
Links verified on 8/26/2014
- Business English at Work: Capitalization - [35 slides] extensive explanation of capitalization rules with examples. This show could be used as part of a directed teaching lesson.
- Capitalization - Quia quiz
- Capitalization - quiz
- Capitalization Rules - seventeen rules from the blue book of grammar
- Capitalization worksheets - to print
- Capitalizing Correctly - several things to do or to avoid doing
- Grammar Mishaps - capitalization rules with examples to illustrate each rule
- I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Someone a Letter - lesson plan - read the correspondence of the famous, the infamous and the ordinary, some of whom lived through extraordinary times.Use these fascinating letters as a starting point for discussion of and practice in the conventions and purposes of letter writing.
- The Importance of Punctuation - Rewrite each sentence, punctuating it differently. (You may have to capitalize letters, but don't change any of the words.) Can you think of more than one way to change some of the sentences?
- Power Proofreading - Choose 5th grade then select On the Road or any one of the mixed practice exercises.
- Punctuation and Capitalization Tips - links to several categories of information
- Space and Punctuate Dialogue Correctly - help your students become better writers
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print