Explore various forms of informational texts (e.g., charts, books, newspapers, magazines, daily announcement sheets). 0201.6.3
Links verified on 12/30/2014
- Graphic Organizer Templates - Use these Graphic Organizer templates with your class using a given story.
- Kids Magazines - A list of children on-line magazines.
- Newspapers - The parts of a newspaper and the purpose of each - for whole class lesson.
- Ranger Rick - on-line magazine
- Searching Informational Text - Use this lesson plan to guide students to an understanding of the conventions of informational texts and develop comprehension strategies to assist learning.
- Thinking Maps - several different examples of ways to organize information.