Identify the stated main idea and supporting details in text. SPI 0401.6.2
Links verified on 10/28/2011
- Determining the Main Idea - a lab activity to identify the main idea in a paragraph by considering the supporting details
- Finding the Topic Sentence and Supporting Details - a quiz posted at Quia
- Get The Idea - read text to determine the main idea or essential message and identify relevant supporting details and facts
- Main Idea Interactive Strategy Tutorial - Interactive tutorials on supporting details and main idea.
- Research Building Blocks: Skim, Scan, and Scroll - students will read informational text, looking for supporting details.
- Supporting Details - [designed for grade 3] Read each story and choose 2 supporting details
- Supporting Ideas - practice quiz
- Supporting Ideas - lesson followed by a practice activity.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print