Locate and verify information in text to support inferences, opinions, predictions, and conclusions. SPI 0601.6.5
Links verified on 6/18/2014
- Drawing Conclusions - Read the passages and answer the questions.
- Drawing Inferences - how to be a critical reader
- How are They Selling It? - students read three advertisements and evaluate the type of persuasive writing being employed
- Images: Focus on the details! - Learn how to unlock the meaning of images providing students with a broader understanding of events, objects and people [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Inference Notes - Use this diagram to help interpret inferences.
- Making Inferences and Drawing Conclusions - descriptions of the various ways to aid you in reaching a conclusion
- Making Inferences and Drawing Conclusions - Create printable tests and worksheets from Making Inferences and Drawing Conclusions questions. Select questions to add to a test using the checkbox above each question.
- Photo Analysis Guide - how to analyze photo elements
- Rules of Inference - Lesson discussing the rules of inference.
- Who Are These Children? - The more you look, the more you see.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print