Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Comprehend and interpret factual, quantitative, technical, or mathematical information presented in maps, charts, graphs, time lines, tables, and diagrams. 0801.6.12
Links verified on 9/12/2014
- Beginner's Map Reading Skills - Several activities are presented to assist in teaching the concepts of reading maps.
- Dust Bowl Timeline - (from PBS) Use this timeline to practice this SPI.
- Other Timelines at Internet4Classrooms
- Graphs and charts - five different graphs and charts for you to consider
- Index of topics and quizzes - by David J. Leveson at CUNY in Brooklyn, NY
- Latitude and Longitude quiz - quiz that checks answers
- Map Reading Activities - practice reading maps using compasses, latitude, longitude and more
- Mathematics of Cartography - several map activity from Cynthia Lanius
- National Atlas of the United States
- Using a Table of Contents - a sample table is given with four questions to answer
- Using Graphs to Understand Data - a five-question multiple-choice quiz
do Maps Show - Several activities are presented to assist in teaching
the concepts of reading maps.
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.
158623900 US 1