Comprehend and interpret quantitative, technical, or mathematical information presented in maps, charts, graphs, time lines, tables, and diagrams. 0601.6.10
Links verified on 6/16/2014
- Beginner's Map Reading Skills - Several activities are presented to assist in teaching the concepts of reading maps.
- Dust Bowl Timeline - (from PBS) Use this timeline to practice this SPI.
- Graphs and charts - five different graphs and charts for you to consider
- Index of topics and quizzes - by David J. Leveson at CUNY in Brooklyn, NY
- Latitude and Longitude quiz - quiz that checks answers
- A Map For All Reasons - students identify the function of various parts of a map
- Map Reading Activities - practice reading maps using compasses, latitude, longitude and more
- Mathematics of Cartography - several map activity from Cynthia Lanius
- National Atlas of the United States
- Using Graph and Charts
- Using Graphs to Understand Data - a five-question multiple-choice quiz
- What's On a Map? - eight questions about using various parts of a map
- What do Maps Show - Several activities are presented to assist in teaching the concepts of reading maps.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print