Identify three or more resources using more than one medium to support the research topic. 0301.4.2
Links verified on 12/24/2014
- A variety of sources - lesson plan explaining a variety of sources.
- Critically Analyzing Information Sources - the emphasis here is on print sources
- Dictionary Exercises - This section will help you review and strengthen your knowledge of the dictionary. The 30 exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Determine your level of knowledge and then select an exercise from the lists at the site.
- Evaluating Information Found on the Internet - a thoughtful guide to evaluating web and other Internet resources [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Find it on the internet - introduce pupils to the basic ways of searching for information and how to keep safe on the internet
- How to Evaluate Web Resources - a visual guide to evaluating sources on the web
- Library Media resources - lesson plan explaining a variety of reference materials and a practice quiz
- Looking in books - develop pupils' understanding of how different types of books contain specific information, and of the ways in which information is organized in books, including lists of contents, chapter overviews, advance organizers and indexes
- Research Roadmap - an interactive online tutorial for students wanting an introduction to research skills from Humboldt State University Library
- Using a Glossary - [10 multiple-choice questions] a lab activity to recognize and use the definitions in a glossary as they relate to a text
- Using the Dictionary - [20 multiple-choice questions] a lab to use the dictionary to understand the meanings of words in context
- Using the Internet as a Source - online quiz
- Using references - lesson plan explaining a variety of reference materials and a practice quiz
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print