Classify the characteristics of major historic events into causes and effects (i.e., exploration, colonization, revolution, expansion, and Civil War). 8.5.6
Links verified 5/24/2011
- Causes for Revolution - this lesson has a nice table near the bottom summarizing the causes
- Causes for the Revolution - Game
- Causes of the American Revolution (a document based question) - Using given documents, students are to write a factual essay that describes the events that lead up to the Revolutionary War. (this lesson is labeled 4th grade , but is quite advanced )
- Causes of the War (of 1812) - from FactMonster
- Growth of a Nation - This ten minute presentation illustrates the growth of the United States from the original thirteen states in 1789. You can play the entire ten minutes or play one part at a time.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print