Identify contributions of diverse historical figures that have influenced the community, state, and nation. 1.5.1 c
Links verified 1/4/2015
- Abraham Lincoln Unit - Unit with resources, lesson plans and activities.
- Famous African Americans in History - A quiz to learn about the many African Americans who made a difference in the world. [10 questions]
- Famous Americans - This site has summaries, stories, bios, videos, and more on famous americans.
- Famous Americans Concentration Game - Students use photos of famous Americans with a description of why they are famous to play concentration.
- Famous Americans Research Projects - Students create a pocket person and learn about historical figured.
- George Washington - Information and activities on George Washington from Enchanted Learning.
- George Washington - This blog contains an activity for students to make their own little George Washington.
- George Washington Resources - Activities for lesson plans on George Washington.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. - Activities and worksheets on Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. and Me: Identifying with a Hero - This lesson explores ways to help students identify with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Our Presidents - Slide show and biographies of all forty-three presidents.
- People in Tennessee History - Learn about the history of the people by clicking on the names of people listed on the left.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print