Identify and use the basic elements of maps and mapping. 7.3.1
Links verified 3/29/2011
- Are We There Yet? - students answer ten questions by reading information from maps
- Eight representations of a single place - Each of these images shows a representation of Mount Shasta, a volcano in California. A fantastic topographic map allows viewers to rotate the map horizontally.
- A Map For All Reasons - students identify the function of various parts of a map
- Map and Globe Quiz - Test your knowledge on identifying the parts of a map and a globe.
- Map Skills Quiz - quiz to test knowledge of reading maps
- What do Maps Show - Several activities are presented to assist in teaching the concepts of reading maps.
- What's On a Map? - eight questions about using various parts of a map
- World Latitude and Longitude Outline Map - from Enchanted Learning
- World map to use in latitude & longitude study
- World Latitude and Longitude Activity
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print