Select the natural resources found in the 3 grand divisions of Tennessee (coal, copper, timber, plants, and animals.) 7.3.5
Links verified 3/29/2011
- State Agricultural Profile -
- Tennessee's Mineral Industry - Tennessee's mineral industry contributes nearly $800 million in product value annually.
- The Copper Basin - The Copper Basin is found near the junctions of Tennessee, North Carolina, and Georgia. It covers about 60,000 acres, most of which lie in Polk County, Tennessee.
- Mining the Copper Basin in Southeast Tennessee - Copper was discovered in 1843. This discovery would impact the lives of Copper Basin residents for generations.
- The Geologic Story of the Ocoee River - Large copper deposits formed in the area we now know as Copper Basin, near Ducktown, Tennessee. Geologists think that these ore deposits probably formed from hot fluids escaping from deep within the Earth through vents in this ancient sea floor.
- Dates in copper mining history - a timeline of copper mining in Tennessee
- Mining in Tennessee - Tennessee's mining industry is vital to the state's economy.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print