Evaluate the design of an experiment. 0706.5.5
Links verified on 6/11/2014
- Data Interpretation Games - Numerous activities on using and interpreting data - Activities include bar, pie and line graphs, data collecting and much more
- Data Picking - students collect data, enter tally marks or numbers and then select which graph is appropriate
- Hand Squeeze - (a data collection and analysis class experiment) - Pass a "hand squeeze" around a circle and measure the amount of time that it takes for the hand squeeze to complete the circle.
- Leap Frog - design an experiment to answer a question, collect information, and interpret the results using charts
- Magic Bullets: Chemistry vs. Cancer - In this activity students will work with data about cancer deaths. The purpose of the activity is to give students some experience in reading and interpreting graphs.
- Magic Bullets: Chemistry vs Cancer - worksheet associated with the data sets
- Marbles - Students learn about sampling with and without replacement by modeling drawing marbles from a bag. Parameters: Number and color of marbles in the bag, replacement rule.
- What Percentage of your Class is Right or Left Handed? - a data collection and analysis class experiment