Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Organize and explain information about the properties of minerals and their uses 0707.7.1
Links verified on 6/19/2014
- Crystallography and Mineral Crystal Systems - a nine part explanation that's very complete.
- Gem and Mineral collection from the Smithsonian. Almost four dozen of the most beautiful naturally occurring minerals or polished gemstones from the collection.
- Gemstone Gallery offers good information about the mineral to accompany excellent pictures.
- Gemstone Index - an alphabetical listing, you can also search by color or by birthstone
- Mindat.org is the largest mineral database on the internet. Currently there are 11,185 different minerals, varieties and synonyms listed, and information on 159,326 mineral occurrences worldwide, from 29,868 different sites.
- The Mineral Gallery - A service of Amethyst Galleries,Inc., "The First Internet Rock Shop"
- TheImage.com offers their own Mineral Gallery with good information about the mineral to accompany the picture.
- Mineralogy Database in HTML Format. This mineral database contains more than 5,000 pages of mineral data. There are 3,968 individual mineral species descriptions with links
- Minerals - See a photograph and get a description of physical characteristics of the mineral.
- Physical Characteristics of Minerals - an explanation of the physical properties most useful for mineral identification
- Rock and Mineral Database - from the Natural History Museum of London
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.
399166560 US 1 desktop not tablet not iPad