Explain the difference between a solar and a lunar eclipse SPI 0607.6.7
Links verified 11/25/2010
- Animation of a lunar eclipse from Astronomy Picture of the Day
- How Can the Little Moon Hide the Giant Sun - lesson plan designed for lower grades, but can be modified
- Animation of a Lunar Eclipse or
- Animation of a Solar Eclipse - simultaneous animation of total, partial, and annular eclipses or
- Eclipse Home Page at the NASA/GSFC Sun-Earth Connection Education Forum. This web site is continually expanding and strives to be the ultimate resource for online information about eclipses.
- Eclipse: How Can the Moon Hide the Sun - a two page document from NASA
- Eclipses - This real-time 3D simulation of the Sun, Earth, and moon explains lunar and solar eclipses, as well as the defined moon phases. The student can manipulate the Sun, the Earth, and the moon into all of their phases as well as view the phases from a variety of different perspectives.
- Mechanics of Lunar Eclipses - great diagrams | Lunar Eclipses occurring between 1999 and 2020
- Mechanics of Solar Eclipses - great diagrams | Solar Eclipses occurring between 1999 and 2020
- Moon and Sun - A solar eclipse composite photo
- Solar Eclipses through Space and Time - this 41 slide show is filled with information, images and movies
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print