Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Identify the basic features of the water cycle and describe their importance to life on earth SPI 0407.8.1
Links verified 4/1/2011
- Create a model of the water cycle - lesson plan from Oceans Alive
- Droplet and the Water Cycle - Avoid pitfalls and predators while you navigate a Droplet through several challenging levels of the hydrological cycle.
- Follow a drop through the water cycle
- How You Can Make a Model of the Water Cycle - Print this to give to your students.
- The Hydrologic Cycle - Enchanted Learning lessons and diagrams.
- Ideas for teaching about the water cycle - from Pro Teacher
- Introduction to the Water Cycle
- Jumbled Water Cycle - Click and drag components to their proper place.
- Learn about the Water Cycle - Pond World gives a detailed explantion of the water cycle. (Thanks to Ms McKnight's Class for sharing this site!)
- Study Jams: Water Cycle Video - This video from Scholastic.com does a good job of explaining the cycle. [the quiz does not work properly]
- Water Cycle
- Water Cycle Animation - Observe a raindrop traveling through various paths of the water cycle. In this visualization, the blue raindrop shows where water is. The red arrows show the processes that could move it to another place.
- Water Cycle Animation - from BBC
- Water Cycle Animation - make changes to the image by selecting buttons on the left - from EarthGuide
- The Water Cycle - US Geological Survey's Water Cycle - one of the most complete explanation of the cycle
- Water Cycle Player - interactive animation from Discovery Education
- Water Science - US Geological Survey's (USGS) Water Science for Schools web site! They offer information on many aspects of water, along with pictures, data, maps, and an interactive center where you can give opinions and test your water knowledge.
- Water Cycle - thirty-three slides with some good images
- Water Cycle - a slide show by Soo Park, Alex Reynolds, Kate Schmidt, Connie Woo, and Christine Zackrison
- Water Cycle Lesson Plan - from Planet H2O
- Water Cycle WebQuest - [designed for 5th grade]
- Water Wizard quizzes - Do you have a fountain of knowledge when it comes to water? Well, dive right in and test your knowledge of water with these Water Wizard quizzes.
- The Watershed Game - Many things happen in a watershed that affect the quality of the water we rely upon . Examine the issues in each area of the watershed, then see the impacts of your choices.
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.
317694757 US 1 desktop not tablet not iPad