Demonstrate strategies for determining meaning while reading (e.g., formulate clarifying questions, predict outcomes, create a mental image). 0301.6.2
Links verified on 12/24/2014
- Cows context clue - Build corrals for cows by reading and answering questions.
- Help Reluctant Silent Readers Read to Learn - ideas and suggestions to help students become better readers.
- Looking for the Fine Print - students read advertisements to practice reading critically
- Online Reading Passages with Exercises - online activities including comprehension, filling in the gap and recreating a story at levels basic to advanced.
- Reading Strategies - online show offering examples of various strategies and how one uses them while reading. (program runs by itself and is timed so you can't make it go any faster)
- Reading and Word-Attack Strategies - article with classroom suggestions.
- Reading Comprehension Corner - [grade 3 and above] Students choose a reading passage, then read and answer critical thinking questions that can be checked on the computer. Reading passages and questions are designed to reflect what students may encounter on state mandated standardized tests; from Mr. Nussbaum
- Reading Comprehension Tests - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Reading Comprehension Worksheets - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Reciprocal Reading - Reading Strategies and lesson ideas for teachers.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print