Determine the correct change from a transaction less than a dollar SPI 0306.1.3
Links verified 12/23/2014
- 2-Step Money Problems - [UK money used] Calculate the purchase total and then the change. The units may be different, but finding sums and change works the same as in the US. This works great on an interactive whiteboard. or
- Cash Out - give correct change to as many customers as you can in the time allowed
- Change Maker - Figure out how many of each bill or coin that you expect to get back when you pay for something. Select Easy for problems involving less than $1.00
- Counting Change - a match game, counting coins to find amount of change and matching it with numerical number
- How Much Change? - calculate cost of items and change from a set amount
- Making Change - count money and make change
- Making Change from One Dollar - amounts are shown on a cash register, find the correct change
- Spending Spree - Pick the item that you would like to buy. Then choose the correct amount of coins you need to pay for that item. This game has 10 questions.
- School Store - subtract using decimals as they make change [Regrouping required]
- Shopping - Go on a shopping spree! Make sure you get back correct change.
- Too Much Noise - determine the fewest number of coins needed to produce a given amount [not making change, but practicing a related skill]
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print